Maximize Your Foodom Experience
COVID-19 Update to Cooks
Due to the current Covid 19 pandemic, Foodom cooks are asked to implement additional measures to keep yourself and the clients safe, following the FDA and CDC food safety guidelines and a few more safety measurements on top of that.
All the cooks that work with Foodom are asked to implement the following additional guidelines when preparing meals:
All the cooks that work with Foodom are asked to implement the following additional guidelines in addition to the CDC and FDA food safety requirements when preparing meals:
- All cooks do a self-health check before leaving home and If you are sick, let us know ASAP and we will have another personal cook to take your place.
- Upon entering a client’s home please wear a face-covering that will not be removed until you leave the home. Sanitize your phone and/or other devices you will be using while cooking and immediately wash your hands with warm water for at least 20 seconds and dry them with a paper towel, then put on disposable gloves.
- If you shop for your customer, treat it as if it was raw food, sanitize all food packaging before begin preparing.
- Maintain social distancing protocols of at least 6 feet from the clients.
Once you stored the meal properly, perform a thorough cleanup process including sanitizing all surfaces you came in contact with such as appliance handles and counter tops, sanitize your personal equipment in preparation for your next cooking as well as wash your hands a final wash before leaving.
- FDA Food safety and Coconavirus guidelines
- CDC – how to protect yourself and others
- CDC FAQ
- FDA COVD-19 food related FAQ
- FDA Use respirators facemasks and cloth face coverings for food sector
- FDA best practices for retail food stores, restaurants and food pick up delivery services during Covid-19
- FDA guidance on shopping food during Covid 19 pandemic
1. Look for new in-home cooking orders in your email – orders can be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
2. Approve new booked orders – pending appointments need to be approved within 2 hours, after which it is reassigned to other cooks. To approve it, go to “My Calendar“, click on the appointment, click on “Update Status”, choose “Approved” and save changes.
3. Change duration, time or day – first approve schedule changes with the customer. Then, go to “My Calendar“, click on the appointment, click on”Date” to change the day, click on “View Time and Order Details”, change the start and/or end time. Click “Save” to save the changes.
4. Mark the booking as “Complete” in order to get paid the cooking is done, in your calendar.
5. Keep your calendar updated at all times
6. Buffer – we automatically add 15 minutes buffer before and after each appointment to allow time in between appointments.
1. Shopping list – the customers get a shopping list after they submit an order. They will email you a PDF with an updated list if they booked a grocery shopping service.
2. Something Extra – if the customer asks for something extra that will add more time to the overall cooking appointment, and you are ok with it – use the “Something Extra” service to have them pay for it ahead of time. The recommended fee is $1/minute or your preferred fee.
3. Tip – customers can pay a tip when placing an order and/or after the cooking service, along with a review form they receive after the cooking service is completed.
4. Meal planning – if a customer asks for a meal plan, use Something Extra to order the service they should book. After the customer approves the recipes you provide them, upload the recipes on the platform, we will approve it and the customer will be able to place an order.
Submit your favorite recipes – enhance your visibility on Foodom and follow these guidelines
- Tasty and simple everyday meals
- Simple ingredients that can be found in local stores
- Quick Preparation – 10 mins – 45 mins, split the total time into prep time, marinade/chill time, hands-on cook time and hands-off cook time as needed
- Default 10 servings – Scale the recipe to 10 servings Recipes for various preferences, cuisines, diets, main dishes, sides, soups, desserts