Cook Tools and Details
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken, taco seasoning, and egg.
- Place pretzel crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Take a golf ball size piece of chicken mixture, form it into a ball, then flatten into a nugget about 2-2.5 inches wide. Place in pretzel crumbs pressing gently to coat. Place nugget on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken and coating. You should end up with at least 20 pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Flip halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile make the BBQ sauce by whisking together all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and as soon as it comes to a simmer remove from heat and whisk again. Allow to cool.
- 2 pound ground chicken 98% fat free
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 5 ounce pretzels run through a food processor
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup monk fruit sweetener Lakanto Golden recommended
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Mixing bowls, Oven, Saucepan, Top Stove
Reheat in 350 degree oven for 7 minutes