Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Book a Chef
Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 4 customer ratings(5 customer reviews)
Lower Fat Chicken Nuggets with Homemade Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 4 customer ratings(4 customer reviews)
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 3 nuggets, 4.8 oz total
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken, taco seasoning, and egg.
- Place pretzel crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Take a golf ball size piece of chicken mixture, form it into a ball, then flatten into a nugget about 2-2.5 inches wide. Place in pretzel crumbs pressing gently to coat. Place nugget on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken and coating. You should end up with at least 3 pieces per serving selected.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Flip halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile make the BBQ sauce by whisking together all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and as soon as it comes to a simmer remove from heat and whisk again. Allow to cool.
Total Time35 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 pound ground chicken 98% fat free
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 5 ounce pretzels run through a food processor
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup monk fruit sweetener Lakanto Golden recommended
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Mixing bowls, Oven, Saucepan, Top Stove
Reheat in 350 degree oven for 7 minutes
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 715mg | Potassium: 943mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.