Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Steak a La Chicana (Mexican Pepper Steak)
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 8 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- In a large bowl combine sliced steak and all the ingredients through to the ground pepper. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large saute pan over med high heat. When very hot add meat mixture and sear as much as possible.
- When meat is browned add tomato sauce and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro
- 3 pound top round steak or eye of round, sliced thinly
- 1 cup onion slivered
- 3 clove garlic sliced thinly
- 4 serrano pepper or jalapeno, sliced, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounce canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.