Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Authentic Refried Pinto Beans
$14.08 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- When pan is warm add the chopped onion and saute for 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin. Saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash at least half the beans.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Taste and correct for salt. Add water if needed for desired consistency.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or lard (not for vegan or vegetarian)
- 1 white onion small, chopped
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60 ounce canned pinto beans rinsed and drained, about 4 cans
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime juiced
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Colander, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Potato Masher, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Heat in microwave, covered on high power. Stir halfway through cooking time.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.