Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Aromatic Jeera Rice
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Add rice to a medium-deep saucepan and fill it with water until the rice is completely covered.
- Wash the rice by gently rubbing them with your fingers to dislodge any dirt and starch.
- Change the water couple of times till the water runs clear.
- Drain the water and add 5 cups of water to the rice. Let the rice soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the rice and set it aside.
- Place a wok/kadhai over medium-high heat and add ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and once it starts sizzling, add green chilies, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Fry it for about 10-15 seconds and then add rice.
- Saute the rice for about 1-2 minutes before adding salt and 4 cups water
- In approximately 6-8 minutes, the water will start to boil and evaporate from the surface. When craters appear, cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and turn down the heat to the lowest setting and cook for another 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Open the lid and let the steam escape.
- Resting the rice: Cover the saucepan and let the rice rest undisturbed for 5 minutes – this allows the steam coming out of the rice to redistribute and allows all the layers of the rice to evenly cook.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then fluff the rice gently with a fork and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- 2 ½ cup Basmati rice
- 4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon ghee coconut oil for vegan
- 5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks 3-inch long
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Fine-Mesh Strainer, Measuring cups and spoons, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Top Stove
Reheat in microwave, covered, on full power.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.