Book a Chef
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- To make the croutons, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and mashed garlic. Just before the garlic begins to brown, remove the pan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the French bread into 1-inch cubes and spread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Remove garlic from the pan and drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons. Toss cubes to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the dressing, start by placing the raw egg in boiling water for 30 seconds. Crack the egg into the bowl of a food processor, then add garlic, anchovies, and mustard. Blend until smooth. In a thin stream add olive oil and blend until dressing is thick and all the olive oil is gone (alternately use a bowl and a whisk). Stir in lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place some of the dressing in a large bowl. Add some lettuce and croutons. Toss until well coated. Plate and repeat for the remaining lettuce.
- Using a peeler, make curls of parmesan cheese to garnish salads if desired.
Total Time27 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 2 head romaine lettuce large; chopped, washed and dried in a salad spinner
For the croutons:
- ½ loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic peeled and smashed
For the dressing:
- 2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 5 canned anchovy fillets 1 can
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg set in boiling water for 30 seconds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Cutting board, Food Processor, Grater, Mixing bowls, parchment paper, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Vegetable Peeler
Store lettuce and dressing in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store croutons at room temperature in an airtight container. Toss lettuce with dressing just before serving.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 10972IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.