Book a Chef
Authentic Korean JapChae
Rated 0 out of 5
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Place cooked noodles in a large bowl. Toss with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- After thoroughly cleaning the spinach bunch, cook in boiling water for just a minute, drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze gently to remove excess water, then cut into 2-inch lengths. Add to the bowl of noodles.
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to the pan. Place the carrots, onions, and sliced crimini mushroom into the pan and cook until onions are just translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, chopped garlic, and shiitake mushrooms to the pan during the last 30 seconds of cooking time, adding more oil if necessary. Stir well so all the vegetables are combined. Add to bowl with noodles. Toss to combine.
- Pour sauce over chapchae, again mixing well to combine. Garnish with additional sesame seeds if desired.
Total Time40 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 20 ounce dry yam starch noodle cooked according to package directions, then chopped in 7-8 inch lengths
- 10 dried shiitake mushroom soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then thinly sliced
- 2 bunch spinach
- 2 carrot medium, julienne
- 2 yellow onion small, slivered
- 4 cup cremini mushroom sliced
- 1 bunch green onion cut into 1-inch lengths on the diagonal
- 6 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil plus more if necessary
For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 tablespoon granulated sugar or your favorite sweetener equivalent
- 5 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Peeler, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Tongs, Top Stove, Wok
Heat in a sauté pan over medium heat or in the microwave on high power until heated through.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 8440IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.