Baked Chicken Nuggets with Homemade Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Rated 0 out of 5
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 3 nuggets, 4.8 oz total
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken, paprika, onion powder, salt and egg.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the garlic salt.
- Take a golf ball size piece of chicken mixture, form it into a ball, then flatten into a nugget about 2-2.5 inches wide. Dip in bread crumb mixture pressing gently, then place nugget on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken and coating. You should end up with at least 3 pieces per servings selected.
- Lightly spray one side of the nuggets with cooking spray, flip and spray the other side.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Flip halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile make the BBQ sauce by whisking together all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and as soon as it comes to a simmer remove from heat and whisk again. Allow to cool.
Total Time45 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 egg beaten
- 7 ounce plain breadcrumbs plain
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil cooking spray
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Mixing bowls, Oven, Saucepan, Top Stove
Reheat in 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 1171mg | Potassium: 827mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.