Baked Red Lentil Quinoa Fritters
$45.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 fritter, 4'' diameter, burger size
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
For the Fritters
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the quinoa and lentils. Place in a pot with the broth (or water), cover, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to med-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of your pot. If there is still liquid in the pot, remove the cover and continue to simmer on low for another 3-5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed, stirring as needed to prevent sticking. Set aside to cool while you gather the rest of your ingredients. *You can also use quinoa and lentils that have been cooked ahead of time to save time.
- Once the quinoa/lentil mixture has cooled a bit, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the parsley, tahini, dijon, lemon juice, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well to incorporate. Add the cornmeal and chickpea flour and stir again very well. The mixture should easily come together to form patties. It will be slightly sticky, but not wet. If your mixture is too wet, add a little more chickpea flour, 1 tbsp at a time, mixing well after each addition, until you can easily form patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes, gently flip each one over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a simple cucumber tomato salad and Tahini Yogurt Sauce (below).
For the Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- While the Fritters are baking, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
Red Lentil Quinoa Fritters
- 1 ½ cup quinoa tri-color quinoa or any other
- ½ cup red lentils
- 4 cup vegetable broth or water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup chickpea flour also called garbanzo bean flour (brown rice flour would work too)
Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain unsweetened dairy free yogurt I used So Delicious
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking sheet, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Oven, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Whisk
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 580mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.