Book a Chef
Baked Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Mozzarella, with Caesar Salad, and Garlic Bread
Rated 0 out of 5
$75.83 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 8 ounces pasta, 2 ounces salad, 2 pieces bread
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 8
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan and place over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onions, and mushrooms until meat is browned and all the liquid in the pan is evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Add all the tomatoes to meat mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered. Taste and correct for salt.
- Toss cooked pasta in sauce, adding 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, all the Parmesan cheese, and the chopped basil. Mix well to incorporate.
- Pour pasta into a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.
For the caesar salad:
- To make the croutons, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and mashed garlic. Just before the garlic begins to brown, remove the pan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the French bread into 1-inch cubes and spread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Remove garlic from the pan and drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons. Toss cubes to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the dressing, start by placing the raw egg in boiling water for 30 seconds. Crack the egg into the bowl of a food processor, then add garlic, anchovies, and mustard. Blend until smooth. In a thin stream add olive oil and blend until dressing is thick and all the olive oil is gone (alternately use a bowl and a whisk). Stir in lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place some of the dressing in a large bowl. Add some lettuce and croutons. Toss until well coated. Plate and repeat for the remaining lettuce.
- Using a peeler, make curls of parmesan cheese to garnish salads if desired.
For the garlic bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and garlic in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is almost melted. Spoon over cut side of bread. Place bread, cut side up on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then broil until golden brown on top. Cut into slices.
Total Time1 hour 10 minutes
Recipe Serving Size8
- 16 ounce rigatoni pasta cooked according to package instructions, but just a bit firmer than al-dente
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage bulk, spicy or mild
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 12 ounce mushroom sliced
- 56 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- 4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
FOR THE CAESAR SALAD
- 2 head romaine lettuce large, chopped, washed and dried in a salad spinner
For the croutons:
- 1/2 loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic peeled and smashed
For the dresssing:
- 2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 5 filet canned anchovy fillets from 1 can
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg set in boiling water for 30 seconds
- 1/2 cupa extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE GARLIC BREAD
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 loaf French bread halved lengthwise
Cooking Tools Required12-inch skillet, Cutting board, Heavy duty rimmed baking sheet, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Oven, Salad spinner, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove, Whisk, Wooden Spatula
For the pasta, heat in the microwave on medium-high power until heated through. Toss salad with dressing only when ready to serve. Wrap garlic bread in foil and heat in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 1154kcal | Carbohydrates: 112g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 2624mg | Potassium: 1704mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 15101IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 669mg | Iron: 10mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.