Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Blackened tuna with orange zested salsa
$41.17 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 oz tuna steak and 1/3 cup salsa
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl, toss gently, cover and chill for at least 15 mins.
- Sprinkle blackening seasoning on both sides of fish, pressing down firmly to allow the seasoning to adhere.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cast iron is recommended for best sear.
- Add fish and sear 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or desired degree of fineness. Tuna is great tasting at medium rare and really highlights the fish.
- Top blackened fish with 2 tbsp of salsa and enjoy!
- 1 yellow bell pepper large, chopped
- 9 ounce tomato chopped, diced, and seeded
- 6 green onion bias cut
- 5 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juiced
- 4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 jalapeno chopped and seeded - can leave seeds in if you like spicy
- 5 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 60 ounce tuna steak for 10 servings use 10 x 6 oz tuna steaks about 1-in thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Food storage containers, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove
Top blackened fish with 2 tbsp of salsa and enjoy! Reheat fish in the oven at 350 degrees covered with foil in a pan. Top with salsa.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4085IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.