Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Garlic, Lemon and Olives
$75.83 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 bone-in, skin-on chicken thigh
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking to remove the chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof pan or Dutch oven large enough to hold all the thighs in a single layer, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, skin-side down, and sear until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pan and flip the thighs over.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant and has gotten a little brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chicken and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- With the pan still hot, add the onions, lemon slices and oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions have wilted and the brown bits on the bottom of the pan have loosened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Nestle the thighs skin-side up in the onion mixture and add the garlic and the olives. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Scatter fresh oregano leaves over the top and serve.
- 10 bone-in skin-on chicken thigh
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 clove garlic
- 2 yellow onion large thinly sliced (for 10 servings about 4 cups)
- 1 lemon thinly sliced, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano plus more for garnish
- 1 cup mixed Greek olives
- 1 lemon juiced
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Dutch Oven, Measuring cups and spoons, Oven, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove
Heat in microwave on high power until heated through.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.