Book a Chef
Broiled Sirloin Steak with Steamed Broccoli
Rated 0 out of 5
$27.08 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 4 1/2 ounces steak, 1 1/2 cup broccoli
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Dry steaks by patting with a paper towel. Mix together the garlic salt and pepper. Sprinkle over steaks on both sides, rubbing seasoning into steaks. Place on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven on "broil" for 5 minutes, setting oven rack so steaks will be 3 to 4 inches from the heating element.
- Place the steaks in the oven and broil 3-8 minutes; turn and cook additional 3-5 minutes. Check doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the middle of the steak:
- Rare: 125°F (52°C) Medium rare: 130°F (54°C) Medium: 140°F (60°C) Medium-well: 150°F (66°C)
- Allow to rest before slicing. Note: the temperature will rise an additional 5°F (3°C) during resting
Steam the broccoli:
- In a large pot fitted with a steamer insert, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the cut broccoli (stems first), cover and steam for 3 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
Total Time25 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 pound sirloin steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt more or less to taste, or preference
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 3 1/2 pound broccoli cut into florets, stems peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
Cooking Tools RequiredAluminum Foil, Broiler pan, Cutting board, Instant read thermometer, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Oven, Pot with lid, Steamer Basket, Tongs, Top Stove
Heat in the oven at 350 degrees until heated through, or on the stove top in a sauté pan.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 968mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 142mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.