Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Preheat the oven to 200C | 400F and place a rack in the middle. Lightly oil a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or 9-inch square or round baking dish with butter and place skillet/dish into the oven to heat up. Alternatively for cast iron skillets: heat 1/2 cup of unmelted butter in your cast iron over the stovetop on medium heat until melted, turn heat off then allow the butter to cool slightly before adding to the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, honey and eggs. Mix together well to combine, then add in the slightly cooled melted butter. Mix again until 'just' combined (don't over mix)
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven, and pour the batter into it. It should be sizzling.
- Bake until the cornbread begins to brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20-23 minutes.
- Note - if you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own. Here are the instructions: add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar (or freshly squeezed lemon juice) to 1 cup of room temperature milk (full cream, 2% or skim can be used). Mix together and let sit for 5 minutes. That's it! Prepare your 'buttermilk' as step one of this recipe to ensure it has soured enough before adding to your mixture.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk shake before measuring. If you don't have buttermilk, see how to make one in the instruction note
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 egg
Cooking Tools RequiredMixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Oven, Pyrex baking dish, Skillet, Top Stove, Whisk
Serving - allow cooling for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.