Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce
$65.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1-2 enchilada
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the enchilada sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, whisking for 1 minute, until golden roux forms. Add the remaining dry seasonings through to the cumin, whisking to combine. Gradually add the stock, continually whisking, to prevent any lumps. Whisk in the tomato paste. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add oil to a sauté pan set over medium heat. When hot add onions, peppers, and garlic, sauteing until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and pepper; set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until soft and pliable.
- Pour ½ cup of the enchilada sauce into a 9x13 inch, rectangular baking dish. Using half the cheese fill tortillas with equal portions of cheese, then the onion/bell pepper mixture, and finally half of the cilantro. Before rolling, top each enchilada with 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce, then roll, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with sliced olives. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining cilantro.
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour gluten free flour for GF
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 ½ cup vegetable stock
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 white onion small, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper medium, small dice
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 10 corn tortilla medium
- 2.2 ounce canned sliced black olives
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredBaking Pan, Saucepan, Saute pan
Heat, covered in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.