Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Remove stems and seeds from dried chilis, and place then in a pot with 1/3 of the chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes until softened.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend chilis with broth they were simmered in and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in large pot. Add the chicken and sauté on high heat for 5 minutes. Season with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper as it cooks. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeno. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add oregano and cilantro; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir, to keep from sticking for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, the pureed chilis, lime juice, and reserved chicken. Simmer for 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with remaining cilantro.
Total Time55 minutes minutes
Recipe Serving Size