Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Book a Chef
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 customer ratings(3 customer reviews)
Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 customer ratings(2 customer reviews)
$54.17 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6 servings
- To make the enchilada sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add flour, whisking for 1 minute, until a golden roux forms.
- Add the remaining dry seasonings through to the oregano, whisking to combine.
- Gradually add the stock, continually whisking, to prevent any lumps.
- Whisk in the tomato paste. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a sauté pan set over medium heat. When hot add onions, peppers, and garlic, sauteing until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Season with Kosher salt and pepper; set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until soft and pliable.
- Pour ½ cup of the enchilada sauce into a 9x13 inch, rectangular baking dish.
- Fill tortillas with equal portions of chicken, then the onion/bell pepper mixture, and finally half the cheese, and half the cilantro.
- Top with 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce, roll, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top with sliced olives.
- Cover baking dish loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining cilantro.
Total Time50 minutes
Recipe Serving Size6 servings
For the enchilada sauce:
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil or lard, or your favorite high-heat cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 ½ cup chicken stock
- 6 ounce tomato paste
For the filling and assembly:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or lard, or your favorite high-heat cooking oil
- 1 white onion small, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper large, chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅙ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cup rotisserie chicken shredded
- 3 ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 6 ounce canned pitted black olives drained
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 12 corn tortilla
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Microwave, Oven, Pyrex baking dish, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Top Stove, Whisk
Heat in microwave, covered, on high power until heated through.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 3644mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3555IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 704mg | Iron: 4mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.