Clean Diet Chicken Fajitas
Rated 0 out of 5
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
- In a large Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine the chicken (or tofu), lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, ground coriander, and black pepper. Toss well to combine and to coat the chicken in the spice mixture. Allow to marinate 15 minutes while you prep the vegetables.
- Add half of the oil to a large heavy skillet and heat over high heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink in the middle. Remove the cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the same skillet and decrease the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and bell peppers, stirring constantly, until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked chicken back to the skillet for serving. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, then garnish with chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, and lime wedges.
Total Time35 minutes
Recipe Serving Size6
- 1½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips OR 1 packages extra firm tofu for vegan/vegetarian version
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoon lime juice about 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the fajitas:
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 white onion large sliced, OR yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper or green, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped for garnish, optional
- 1 avocado sliced, for garnish, optional
- 2 lime quartered, for garnish, optional
Cooking Tools RequiredCast iron pan, Cutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet
Heat fajitas in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until heated through.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1030IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.