Book a Chef
Chicken Schnitzel with Mashed Potatoes and Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
Rated 0 out of 5
$65.00 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 cutlet, 4 ounces potato, 2 ounces cabbage
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
For the S&S cabbage:
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced red cabbage and toss to coat with the butter. Sauté until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and toss to coat evenly. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pot. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer until the cabbage iscompletely tender but not mushy. Stir often, about 30 to 45 minutes total.
For the mashed potatoes:
- In a large saucepan add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until they slip off a knife inserted into the center, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Using a potato masher or ricer, mash about half the potatoes in the pot. Add the cream and butter. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Season with Kosher salt and pepper.
For the schnitzel:
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 250 degrees if you wish to keep chicken warm.
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally into two pieces. Place the pieces between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them until they are ¼ inch thick. Lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add garlic powder to breadcrumbs and mix to combine.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. While skillet is heating up, dip the chicken in this order: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs. Coat both sides, gently shaking off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Cook cutlets about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to wire rack and place in oven while cooking the remaining cutlets.
- For serving, squeeze with fresh lemon juice and top with chopped parsley. Serve with mashed potatoes. Allow to cool completely before storing any leftovers.
Total Time1 hour
Recipe Serving Size6
For the chicken:
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast about 3 large chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg large, beaten
- 2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup avocado oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
For the mashed potatoes:
- 2 ½ pound yukon gold potato peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt for boiling potatoes and seasoning mashed potatoes
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
For the S&S red cabbage:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 head red cabbage medium, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking Tools Required12-inch skillet, 5-quart saucepot, Cooling Rack, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Meat Pounder, Oven, Potato Masher, Sharp Knives, Tongs, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Best eaten right after cooking. Heat potatoes in microwave on medium-high heat until heated through. Heat chicken in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Calories: 971kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 209mg | Sodium: 3860mg | Potassium: 1887mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 2508IU | Vitamin C: 130mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 6mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.