Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
Cook Tools and Details
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour 2/3's of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinate the steak for about 10 minutes at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients. Set aside remaining marinade for vegetables
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Wipe pan or grill plates over with a paper towel, drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until vegetables are ready.
- To serve steak, slice against the grain into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas (or lettuce for low-carb), cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado or other toppings you like, and drizzle over the remaining marinade.
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime zested
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoon fresh cilantro fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano dried
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper adjust to your preference of spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2.5 pound flank steak or flat iron, or skirt or rump steak
For the Fajitas
- 3 cup red bell pepper different colors: red, yellow and green, seeded and sliced
- 2 cup onion sliced
For the Serving
- flour tortilla optional, for low carb option
- 2 avocado sliced
- fresh cilantro fresh leaves to garnish
- sour cream optional
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Mixing bowls, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Whisk
Steak: Cover the dish and put it in the microwave. Cook it on a medium heat (max heat will dry out your steak in no time) for 30-second periods, turning the steak in between. You should only need to do this a few times for the perfect result. Deliciously tender. Vegtables: Spread food out in an even layer, cover with a damp paper towel to help create some steam while the food is heating so it doesn't dry out, and stir every so often to promote even heating, as there are usually hot spots even in microwaves with turntables.
To serve steak, slice against the grain into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over the remaining marinade.
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.