Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pork Chili Verde
$81.25 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Turn on broiler to highest setting (alternatively can use cast iron pan or grill). Place chilis, tomatoes and tomatillos on baking sheet. Coat with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under broiler and cook until charred turning to cook all sides
- While charring vegetables, heat a large stockpot and add oil. When oil is hot add pork, onions and garlic and cook for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- When charred remove vegetables from oven and place chilis in paper bag or plastic bag to steam for a few minutes. While waiting to steam place herbs, tomatoes and tomatillos in blender.
- Remove chilis from bag and remove stems and skins. Add to blender. Blend until liquefied. Add to pork and let simmer for 50 minutes or until pork is tender.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or lard
- 3 Anaheim chili large
- 2 jalapeno large
- 1 tomato large, halved
- 1 pound tomatillo husks removed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 clove garlic minced
- `1 cup onion diced
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder trimmed of fat and cubed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano about 1/2 bunch
- 1 cup fresh parsley about 1 bunch
- 1 cup fresh cilantro about 1 bunch
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Cutting board, Grill, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot
reheat in sauce pot until warm about 5 minutes
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.