Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chinese Orange Chicken
Cook Tools and Details
FOR ORANGE SAUCE
- In a medium pot, add orange juice, sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, tamari sauce, chili flakes. Heat for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch with water to form a paste. Add to orange sauce and whisk together.
- Continue to cook 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat. Add orange zest.
- Place flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish and add a pinch of salt. Stir.
- Whisk eggs in a separate dish.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture. Then dip chicken in flour mixture. Place on plate.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pan over med-high heat. Bring oil to 350 F.
- Working in batches, cook several pieces at a time. Cook 2-3 minutes, turning often until golden brown.
- Place chicken on paper-towel lined plate to absorb extra oil. Repeat.
- Toss chicken pieces with sauce in a large bowl.
- Serve with garnish of green onions
- 1 ½ cup orange juiced
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce if not gluten free
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or for 10 servings 2 cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoon orange zest for 10 servings use one orange
- 1 ½ tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon water
- 3 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast for 10 servings, 6 whole chicken breast. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- 5 egg beaten
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup avocado oil for frying, add more if needed
- 2 stalk green onion
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Meat Thermometer, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Saucepan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Best served immediately. Delicious with fried rice or stir fry veggies! If not serving immediately, store chicken and sauce in separate containers. Allow chicken to cool completely (or you can leave on countertop for up to 2 hours, lightly covered with foil if serving within 2 hours) before storing in the refrigerator. About 30 minutes before you plan to serve, spread chicken out on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until warm and crisp. Meanwhile, heat sauce on medium low in a saucepan or microwave until hot. Toss chicken with sauce and serve immediately.
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.