Book a Chef
Rated 0 out of 5
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 5 tablespoons
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Heat a large cast iron skillet(s) over medium heat. Once hot add the avocado oil, coating the entire pan. Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, serrano, onion, and garlic cloves with the skin. Cook for about 5 minutes per side until nicely charred. Remove the skin from the garlic cloves.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, some of the jalapeno and serrano pepper (so you can adjust for heat), onion and peeled garlic. Pulse until salsa is runny. Add remaining salsa ingredients, again being conservative on the adobo sauce and chipotle pepper. Pulse again, adjust for heat and salt.
Total Time20 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the cast iron pan, grill, or broiler:
- 8 Roma tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 medium white onion that has been sliced in half crosswise
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 serrano pepper
- 6 clove garlic with skin
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the rest of the salsa:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 chipotle pepper from canned chipotles in adobo sauce
Cooking Tools RequiredCast iron pan, Cutting board, Food Processor, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.