Book a Chef
Chocolate Espresso Mousse
Rated 0 out of 5
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 4 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Please note that this dish requires 2 hours of refrigerating time and it will be best to start with it first to allow enough time for that prior to eating.
- In a medium-sized stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (or double boiler), melt the chocolate and butter. Stir in the instant coffee, then pour the mixture into a bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks; set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar.
- Stir a couple of spoonfuls of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, and then fold the remaining whites into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into individual serving dishes or glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, garnish as desired.
This dessert requires a 2 hour chill time, so plan accordingly by making this dish first.
Total Time20 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 8 ounce 70% dark chocolate chopped
- 4 tablespoon European style unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 4 teaspoon instant espresso crystals or instant coffee crystals
- 4 egg separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the whipped cream:
- 2 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- whipped cream
- chocolate covered coffee bean
- shaved chocolate
- ground coffee
Cooking Tools RequiredDouble Boiler, Electric Hand Mixer, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Refrigerator
Store covered, in refrigerator and enjoy for up to 5 days.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1034IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.