Book a Chef
Cream of Celery Soup
Rated 0 out of 5
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, leeks, and celery, sautéing for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the stock, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, and let cool slightly. Using an immersion blender purée the soup. Alternately blend in a stand blender in batches, filling no more than 1/3 full, then returning soup to the pot.
- Thin with water if needed to desired consistency. Stir in the cream; taste and correct seasonings.
Total Time40 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion large, diced
- 2 leek medium, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 bunch celery large, chopped
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 8 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove, Wooden Spatula
Heat in the microwave on medium high power until heated through.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 948IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.