Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 3 qt baking dish (9x13"). Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add dried pasta and cook 1 minute less than the package directs for al dente. Drain and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to keep from sticking.
- While water is coming up to a boil, grate cheeses and tosses together to mix, then divide into three piles. Approximately 3 cups for the sauce, 1 1/2 cups for the inner layer, and 1 1/2 cups for the topping.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over MED heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine. The mixture will look like very wet sand. Cook for approximately 1 minute, whisking often. Slowly pour in about 2 cups or so of the milk/half and half, while whisking constantly, until smooth. Slowly pour in the remaining milk/half and half, while whisking constantly, until combined and smooth.
- Continue to heat over MED heat, whisking very often, until thickened to a very thick consistency. It should almost be the consistency of a semi thinned out the condensed soup.
- Stir in spices and 1 1/2 cups of the cheeses, stirring to melt and combine. Stir in another 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine drained pasta with cheese sauce, stirring to combine fully. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with 1 1/2 cups of grated cheeses, then top that with the remaining pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the last 1 1/2 cups of cheese. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs and the melted butter. Sprinkle over cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the top is lightly golden brown.
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 cup cheddar cheese measured after grating
- 2 cup Gruyere cheese measured after grating
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter
Cooking Tools RequiredGrater, Pyrex baking dish, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove
Calories: 709kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 827mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 723mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.