Book a Chef
Creamy Tuscan White Bean & Kale Soup
Rated 0 out of 5
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, ½ the salt, and a few cracks of fresh black pepper, and cook (stirring occasionally) until softened — about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, garlic, red pepper flakes, rosemary (or thyme), and basil and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, and remaining salt and pepper. Scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until the veggies are fork-tender and the flavors are well developed.
- Optional (skip this step if you prefer a chunkier soup): Use an immersion blender to purée the soup in short bursts, only puréeing part of the soup (mostly the beans) and leaving plenty of whole pieces of vegetables.
- Return the soup to a light simmer. Then add the kale, turn off the heat, and cover the pot for 5 minutes. Once the kale is softened, uncover the pot and stir in the vinegar and coconut milk (or cashew cream). Taste and adjust as needed, adding more red pepper flakes for heat, vinegar or tomato paste for richness, coconut milk for creaminess, or salt for overall flavor.
- Serve warm garnished with thinly sliced basil.
Total Time40 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (if oil-free, sub twice the amount of water)
- 1 yellow onion large, diced
- 3 carrot medium carrots, diced
- 4 stalk celery large stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper divided, more or less to taste
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped, or thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 45 ounce canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 30 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 8 cup kale chopped, or baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cup full-fat coconut milk
Optional (for serving):
- 1 bunch fresh basil chiffonade
Cooking Tools Required5-quart saucepot, Colander, Cutting board, Immersion Blender, Kitchen towels, Ladle, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Wooden Spatula
Store cooled leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Thaw from frozen before reheating.Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepan or pot over mediumheat (covered) until warmed through. Add more broth or water as needed to thin.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 1187mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8743IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 7mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.