Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
$60.00 per Dish
Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
- Place chicken breasts in a large saute pan. Fill with water to just cover. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt over chicken. Cover, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Turn chicken over and place lid back on pan. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from water to a plate to cool. When cool enough to handle cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken base and flour, whisking into a thick paste. Continue to cook for one minute. Pour the milk, all at once, into the flour mixture, stirring until incorporated. Continue to cook over medium heat, until the sauce is the consistency of thick gravy, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in the cubed chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir into chicken mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the sauce, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne, and 1 cup milk. Stir 2 tablespoons into chicken/cream cheese mixture. Wrap tortillas in a damp cloth and microwave to soften, about 30 seconds. Place 1/3 cup of chicken filling down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray, and place enchiladas seam side down. Top with remaining sauce mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast about 3
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken base Better Than Bouillon recommended
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounce reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 12 corn tortilla 6 inch, white or yellow
- cooking spray
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Microwave, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Pyrex baking dish, Saucepan, Saute pan, Whisk
Reheat in microwave on medium-high heat until heated through.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1226IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.