Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cuban Ropa Vieja (Shredded Beef in Tomato Sauce)
$86.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 4 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 servings
- Season flank steak with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat and when hot add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Sear steak on both sides until nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Reserve on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pot, then add garlic, sautéing for just a minute.
- Next add the onions and bell peppers.
- Once the vegetables are soft add the allspice, oregano, and cumin. Saute for another minute.
- Stir in the wine and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients through to the celery.
- Return meat to pot, cover, bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, until meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove bay leaf, carrot, and celery from pot and discard.
- Remove beef from pot and shred using 2 forks. Return beef to pot and turn heat up to medium.
- Stir in the olives and parsley. Simmer an additional 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings.
- 2 ½ pound flank steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil divided
- 6 clove garlic large, chopped
- 1 yellow onion sliced lengthwise
- 2 orange bell pepper thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup dry white wine or red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14 ounce canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot halved
- 1 stalk celery halved
- ½ cup pitted greek olives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Dutch Oven, Measuring cups and spoons, Top Stove
Reheat in microwave on full power until heated through.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2006IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.