Book a Chef
Gourmet Pizza Dinner for 9 with Caesar Salad and Tiramisu
Rated 0 out of 5
$175.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1/3 whole pizza, 2 ounces salad, 1 square tiramisu
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 9
Make the dough:
- Pour warm water into the bowl of a 5-quart stand mixer. If you don't have a mixer use a large bowl.
- Stir in yeast and sugar; set aside for 5 minutes until bubbly. Add the olive oil.
- Next mix in the flour and salt. Using the dough hook, knead on low for 5 minutes. Alternatively knead by hand.
- Divide dough into 3 equal sized balls and cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 1.5 hours in a warm room, until about doubled in size.
Make the pomodoro sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute 5 minutes untiltranslucent. Add garlic and saute an addition minute. Add crushed tomatoes and basil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Make the tiramisu:
- Pour coffee into a 2 cup measuring cup. Sweeten with 3 tablespoons of the sugar, and If using add 1/4 cup rum or coffee liquor. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whip heavy cream with vanilla and the remaining sugar, until stiff peaks form. Fold in the mascarpone cheese.
- Spread a small amount of the whipped cream/cheese mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dunk the biscuits one at a time in the coffee, then lay them in the dish on top of the cheese mixture. Repeat this procedure with 1/2 of the biscuits.
- Cover the biscuit layer with the whipped cream/cheese mixture, then repeat so you have one more layer of biscuits (use remaining biscuits). You should end with 3 layers of whip cream/cheese mixture and 2 layers of biscuits.
- Dust the last layer of whipped cream/cheese mixture with cocoa powder, covering it entirely. Place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes. Toserve, cut into 9 squares, lifting each piece out carefully with a thin spatula.
Saute the mushrooms:
- Add the olive oil to a medium saute pan set over medium heat. When warm add the sliced mushrooms and saute until they have shed most of their liquid, about 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste; set aside.
Prepare the Caesar salad:
- To make the croutons, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and mashed garlic. Just before the garlic begins to brown, remove the pan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the French bread into 1-inch cubes and spread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Remove garlic from the pan and drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons. Toss cubes to evenly coat. Season with salt andpepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the dressing, start by placing the raw egg in boiling water for 30 seconds. Crack the egg into the bowl of a food processor, then add garlic, anchovies, and mustard. Blend until smooth. In a thin stream add olive oil and blend until dressing is thick and all the olive oil is gone (alternately use a bowl and a whisk). Stir in lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place some of the dressing in a large bowl. Add some of the lettuce and croutons. Toss until well coated. Plate and repeat for the remaining lettuce.
- Using a peeler, make curls of parmesan cheese to garnish salads if desired.
To assemble and bake the pizzas:
- Prepare pizza oven according to instructions, or if using a regular oven, space two oven racks in upper third and lower third of oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Dust a pizza peel with 1/3 of the cornmeal (for pizza oven), and if using a regular oven, dust a round of dough with flour and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using your hands stretch the dough to create a round 14-inch pizza. Dough should be 1/8 inch thick with a thicker border.
- Brush pizza dough, avoiding the rim with olive oil. Place 1/3 of the pomodoro sauce inside the rim of the pizza. Season with Kosher salt. Arrange the mozzarella slices evenly on top of the pizza.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and place pizza on the floor, right next to the fire, making sure you rotate it regularly to encourage even cooking. It should only take between 90 seconds to 2 minutes per pizza depending on thickness. Always leave the door open when baking pizza in a pizza oven. Alternately, bake in regular oven for 10-12 minutes, rearranging pans for more even baking if needed.
- Remove and immediately scatter the basil leaves over the pizzas. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. If using pecorino Romano, sprinkle over pizza. Cook/finish mushroom and pepperoni pizza in the same manner, adding topping just before placing in oven.
Total Time2 hours 42 minutes
Recipe Serving Size9
For the dough:
- 2 1/4 cup warm water just above body temperature, about 105 degrees
- 1 ½ tablespoon granulated yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon Kosher salt preferably Diamond Crystal brand
- 6 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour slightly more or less, scoop gently and level with a knife. Bob's Redmill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour for GF version
For the pomodoro sauce:
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion small dice
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 28 ounce canned whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes blended to just slightly chunky
- 4 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
For the mushroom pizza:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup crimini mushrooms or mixed varieties sliced
For the pepperoni pizza:
- 2 ounce sliced pepperoni
For the pizza:
- 8 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 16 ounce fresh mozzarella about 2 large balls, sliced into rounds 1/8 inch thick, patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces
- 6 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil divided, for topping the pizza and for brushing the pizza before the sauce
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt use your favorite
- 4 tablespoon Pecorino Romano cheese optional, grated
FOR THE TIRAMISU:
- 2 cup brewed coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 7 ounce lady finger biscuit
- 8 ounce Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rum or coffee liqueur
FOR THE CAESAR SALAD:
- 3 head romaine lettuce large full heads (not hearts), chopped, washed and dried in a salad spinner
For the croutons:
- 1/2 loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic peeled and smashed
For the dressing:
- 2 clove garlic
- 5 filets canned anchovy filet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Cooking Tools Required8x8 inch glass baking dish, Baking sheet, Box grater, Can Opener, coffee maker, Cutting board, Electric Hand Mixer, Fine-Mesh Strainer, Food Processor, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Oven, parchment paper, Peeler, Plastic food wrap, Salad spinner, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Stand Mixer, Whisk
Reheat pizza in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melting.
Calories: 1416kcal | Carbohydrates: 143g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 75g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 2501mg | Potassium: 1034mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 14115IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 565mg | Iron: 10mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.