Book a Chef
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fresh Pesto, Mozzarella, and Tomato
Rated 0 out of 5
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally so you have thinner pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. In the last few minutes of cooking chicken, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on top.
- Lightly brush the inside of the ciabatta rolls with olive oil. Place rolls with oil side down on hot grill and cook just until toasted.
- Meanwhile make the pesto. Wash and dry basil thoroughly. Place basil, pine nuts, chopped garlic, and salt in the work bowl of a food processor. Process quickly to make a coarse paste. With the motor running add the olive oil, and process for another 5 seconds. Place pesto in a bowl and mix in the parmesan cheese.
- Spread a generous amount of pesto on the rolls. Assemble sandwiches by placing chicken breast on bottom bun, then tomato, and lastly arugula.
Total Time45 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ciabatta rolls
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 tomato sliced
For the pesto:
- 2 bunch fresh basil
- 3 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Food Processor, Grill, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Pastry brush, Sharp Knives
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 441IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.