Book a Chef
Herby Cauliflower Steaks with Crispy Shallots
Rated 0 out of 5
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 10 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Remove leaves and stem from the cauliflower head. Using a large knife, cut the head of cauliflower into even slices, about 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet. (Note: at the edges, your slices may not hold together as there is no inner stem in this part. I just put the smaller piece on the baking sheet and cook them with the large pieces).
- Mince garlic and herbs, and place in a small bowl. Add oil and salt; stir. Use a brush to spread mixture over cauliflower steaks. Sprinkle each piece with pepper to taste (I’m not big on pepper— I know crazy- so I take it easy here).
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake until cauliflower is tender and the edges begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, free the shallots: peel the outer paper from the shallots and slice off the rooty end and discard. Use a shard knife to cut the shallot into thin slices. In a skillet, heat avocado oil. Once oil sizzles, add shallot slices and cook for several minutes, until they turn golden to medium brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and set on a dish. Discard excess oil.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven, and season with salt and nutritional yeast (or shred on a bit of parmesan if you prefer). Top with fried shallots and serve hot
Total Time40 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10 people
- 4 pound cauliflower for 10 servings 2 large heads or 3 medium ones
For the roasting mixture:
- 5 clove garlic
- 3 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoon fresh sage
- 10 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1½ teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 5 tablespoon nutritional yeast or, if you prefer, parmesan
For crispy shallots:
- 5 shallot thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoon avocado oil
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Heavy duty rimmed baking sheet, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Oven, Pastry brush, Sharp Knives
Heat cauliflower in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.