Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Meatballs in Roma Tomato Sauce
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 people, 2 large meatballs per person
- Place the bread pieces in a large bowl then add the milk and eggs. Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes so the bread has a chance to absorb the liquid. Mix with a fork, breaking up the pieces of bread.
- To the mixture add the ground beef, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Form meatballs about 2 inches in diameter using an ice cream scoop. Roll meatballs in the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan to medium-high heat and add the oil. Cook meatballs turning a couple of times for about 6-8 minutes total or until nicely browned (they will not be cooked all the way through). If your pan is not large enough you may have to do this in two batches. Remove cooked meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Drain off any excess oil from the pan (leave about 3 tablespoons), then add the chopped tomatoes with their juices. Let the sauce cook for about 5-10 minutes before adding the meatballs back in. If you like lots of sauce and/or plan on serving with pasta or zoodles, you may want to add a can of tomato sauce at this point. Place all the meatballs back into the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 slice white bread crust trimmed off, torn into small pieces
- ½ cup milk
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs spread on a plate
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil such as lard or avocado
- 56 ounce canned whole tomatoes preferably Roma, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Dutch Oven, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Tongs, Top Stove
Heat in microwave on high until meatballs are heated through.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.