Mexican Casserole with Pan Roasted Corn and Peppers
$40.00 per Dish
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and when hot add the remaining olive oil. Add the onion and peppers, sprinkling with some of the chili, cumin, and Kosher salt. Saute until lightly browned. Set aside in a medium bowl. To the same pan add the corn and season again, sauteing until light browned. Add to the bowl with the other vegetables, mixing to combine.
- Spread a little bit of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking pan. Layer in order: half of the tortilla strips, ALL the beans, half of the veggies, half of the sauce, half of the cheese. Cover with the other half of the tortilla strips, veggies, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover with foil (oiled on side touching casserole) and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted. Serve with avocado, fresh cilantro, and sour cream.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion small dice
- 2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortilla cut into thin strips
- 2 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 16 ounce canned refried beans mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
Cooking Tools RequiredPyrex baking dish
Heat in microwave on medium high power until heated through.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1509IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.