Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
To toast the pepitas:
- Combine the pepitas, olive oil, chili powder and a pinch of salt in a medium skillet over medium heat. Toast the pepitas, stirring frequently (don’t let them burn), until they are turning golden on the edges and making little popping noises, about 4 to 7 minutes. Set the skillet aside to cool.
To make the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients but the red pepper flakes in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste, and add extra salt if it needs some extra oomph, and or a pinch of red pepper flakes if you’d like more heat. Blend again, then transfer to a small jar with a spout, for serving.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spring mix, chopped romaine, cauliflower, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and toasted pepitas.
- Divide the salad into individual bowls, top with slices of avocado, and drizzle dressing just before serving.
- If you intend to have leftovers, store the salad separately from the dressing, and toss individual servings with dressing just before serving. The salad will keep well this way for about 4 to 5 days.
Recipe Serving Size10
- ⅔ cup pepitas green pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 5 ounce baby spring mix
- 6 ounce romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 ounce riced cauliflower 2 cups, about ½ small cauliflower
- 14 ounce purple cabbage 2 cups, about ½ small cabbage, finely chopped
- 16 ounce cherry tomato 2 cups quartered
- 1 English cucumber halved, seeded and thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- 1 red onion small, chopped
- 2 ripe avocado thinly slice just before serving
- 2/3 cup feta cheese optional - omit for vegan. Cruble.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice from about 4 limes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro lightly packed, mostly leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper small, seeds and ribs removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini optional, for a more creamy dressing
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch red pepper flakes optional, for extra heat
Cooking Tools Required12-inch nonstick skillet, Blender, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives
The salad will keep well this way for about 4 to 5 days.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 666mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2549IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.