Mixed Greens Salad with Pecans, Blue Cheese, and Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
$21.67 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 3 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Add pecans to a medium dry skillet set over medium heat. Toast and toss occasionally for 5 minutes or until fragrant and nuts are lightly toasted.
To make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil. In a thin, steady stream, slowly add the olive oil, whisking all the while, until an emulsion starts to form. At this point you can add olive oil in a larger stream until it is completely incorporated.
- To a large bowl, add some of the vinaigrette. Add salad, toss gently, and plate.
- Top salad with pecans, red onion, fruit, and blue cheese.
- 12 cup mixed greens about 2 pounds for 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves toasted
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounce blue cheese crumbled
Fruit toppings (optional):
- 2 apple sliced apple or pear, or segmented orange
For the vinaigrette (MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP FOR 10 SERVINGS):
- ¼ cup vinegar sherry, red wine, balsamic, etc.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Whisk
Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.