Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Moroccan Fish in Spicy Tomato Sauce
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: About 5.5 oz each
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Make sure fish is at room temperature. Heat 2 tbs of oil in saute pan over high heat. Salt and pepper fish on both sides. In batches sear fish for 2-3 minutes on each side adding more oil each time. Set aside on plate. Make sure pan is hot before adding more fish.
- If you are cooking a previously frozen fish, skip the searing.
- Saute the onion and garlic until translucent, then add the red bell pepper stripes
- Add tomato paste and spices and stir until just starting to brown and very fragrant.
- Then add the can of crushed tomatoes and water
- Stir well – let cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Gently place the fish in a pyrex baking dish and pour sauce over. Bake in 375 oven for 7-10 minutes. remove and sprinkle with cilantro and mint.
- 3 pound cod fillets Thick sturdier white fish like rockfish, cod or snapper, seabass or halibut work best
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into stripes
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika Or replace with sweet paprika if you don't like the smoked flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more if you like extra heat
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or more if you like extra heat
- 1 cup water
- 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Reheat in 375 oven or saute pan for 5 minutes until heated through.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 934mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1289IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.