Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Mushroom and Lentil Ragu Over Spaghetti
Rated 0 out of 5(0 customer reviews)
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 7 oz sauce + 1.5 cups of cooked pasta
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, carrot, bell pepper and onion. Cook until vegetables are very brown and soften, for, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wine; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Use wooden spoon to scrape browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in bay leaf, crushed tomatoes, water, lentils, oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water, as needed, if ragu gets too thick. Remove bay leaf and stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve ragu over spaghetti. Garnish with parsley and serve topped with Parmesan.
Total Time45 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounce white mushroom sliced
- 7 clove garlic minced
- 2 carrot medium, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion medium, chopped
- 3 ounce red wine
- 2 bay leaf
- 42 ounce canned diced tomatoes for 10 servings use 3x14.5 oz cans
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup brown lentils rinsed and picked through
- 1⅓ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
For the Spaghetti
- 2 pound gluten-free spaghetti or regular spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley minced
- parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan-style cheese alternative, for serving (optional)
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Dutch Oven, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon, Sharp Knives, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove
Reheat to desired temperature using the stove top or microwave.
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 1045mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2356IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 6mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.