Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Maitake Mushroom and Bacon Meatloaf with Red Wine Sauce
$92.08 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 4 ounce
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 8 people
- Oven on at 500F (fan on), cube butter and freeze
- Use 1 strip of bacon to render the fat slowly, save this strip (crumbled) for garnish
- In bacon fat, saute onions 2 min then add chopped bacon
- Add carrot, celery and garlic, saute 3-4 min
- Add mushrooms, saute 1 min
- Add spices + parsley stems + salt, saute 3min
- Add wine + beef stock reduce, until almost dry, but still moist
- Flame off, add breadcrumbs
- Save this pan, do not wash yet!
- Place beef and pork sausage in the mixer bowl, slow mix 10 secs
- Add egg, salt and thyme, slow mix 10 secs
- Add pan mixture and Parmesan cheese, slow mix 30 secs
- Cook a little piece to taste for salt, adjust seasoning
- Always slow mix never more than 10 secs at a time.
- Fill loaf pan with meat slowly, in layers, to avoid bubbles
- Cover well with aluminum foil
- Flip upside down onto a deep baking dish. Into oven for 12 minutes (500F)
- Reduce oven temp to 350F, set timer for 20 minutes
- Remove mold but leave meatloaf on aluminum/dish
- Check for internal temp of 140F
- When reached 140F, broil on HI for 4 minutes
- Meatloaf is ready!
- Heat the original saute pan, drizzle oil. Carefully spoon fat from the roasting juices in the pan into the sautee pan and add to the pan.
- Sautee mushrooms then add shallots saute for 3 minutes while tossing and season
- Once shallots are transparent add red wine, reduce to 1/4 original volume
- Add beef stock, boil, simmer 4 min
- Lower heat, taste and adjust seasoning
- Add one cube of frozen butter to the pan at a time until all cubes are melted, taste for seasoning as you go!
- Cut portion, sauce the protein or plate, sprinkle parsley and crumbled bacon
- 8 ounce bacon apple wood smoked preferred, chopped, reserve one strip
- 1 ½ cup onion minced
- 2 pound ground beef 80 % lean preferred
- 8 ounce bratwurst raw links, if mixing by hand remove casings
- 1 cup Maitake mushroom mince, sub baby bella mushrooms if not in season
- 1 cup celery minced
- 1 cup carrot minced
- 3 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- 3 ounce red wine
- 6 ounce beef stock
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley 3 tablespoon finely diced stems, leaves chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme
For the Red Wine Sauce
- 4 ounce roasting juices see instructions below
- 1 cup shallot
- 2 cup maitake mushroom diced or sub baby bella mushrooms
- 6 ounce red wine Note: wine can only be purchased by customer. Preferably Zinfandel, Merlot, or Cabernet.
- 1 ½ cup beef stock
- 2 ½ tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounce butter unsalted, ½ inch cube, frozen
Cooking Tools Required8x5 inch Loaf Pan, Measuring cups and spoons, Meat Thermometer, Mixing bowls, Roasting Pan, Saute pan, Stand Mixer
To serve, cut portion, sauce the protein or plate, sprinkle parsley and crumbled bacon.
Reheat in microwave on medium power until heated through.
Calories: 885kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 5762mg | Potassium: 1000mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3911IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.