Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
New England Clam Chowder
$32.50 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 12 oz
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Brown bacon in large 5 qt stockpot over med-high heat, stirring occasionally so it gets browned evenly. about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, and bell peppers. Saute for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in thyme, Worcestershire, tabasco, clams. Stir to combine. Add clam juice milk and half and half and turn heat to high.
- Add potatoes and cook at a high simmer to boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch and water and stir until thickened, Reduce heat and keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- 1 pound Bacon diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme minced, stems removed (use 2 tsp if dried)
- 26 ounce canned chopped clams for 10 servings - 4 x 6.5 oz cans
- 8 ounce canned clam juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 64 ounce half and half
- 64 ounce milk
- 2 pound baby red potato cubed
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup cold water
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Whisk
reheat in sauce pan until warm 5 minutes
Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 1132mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2580IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 432mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.