Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pad Thai with Tofu
Cook Tools and Details
- Place rice noodles in a shallow baking dish and boil enough water to cover them
- Cover with boiling water 6-8 minutes j til tender and drain. Don’t have have to be totally soft, only pliable
- Chop shallot, garlic, and ginger and set aside
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and salt
- In another small bowl, make pad Thai sauce. Whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar and palm sugar
- Prep protein: chicken-slice into very thin strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Tofu- blot with paper towels pressing down firmly. Cut into 3/4 inch cubes, sprinkle salt and pepper
- Prawns- peel and clean, season with sat and pepper
- Sear the seasoned chicken, shrimp, or tofu in a wok with hot oil until cooked through over medium high heat
- Set aside, blot with paper towels, and wipe out pan
- Turn heat off
Stir fry ( with a big batch like this do it in 2 batches for better consistency):
- Heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat
- Add garlic, shallot, ginger cook until golden and fragrant
- Make a well in middle of wok. Add whisked eggs
- With a metal spatula, scramble them and break them up into little bits
- Then incorporate them into shallot mixture, continuing to beak up eggs
- Add drained, semi soft noodles and toss with egg mixture; stirring, flipping, frying constantly 3-4 minutes until noodles become soft
- Add pad Thai sauce and cook 1 minute. Will smell quite fishy at first, turn vent on. Add proteins and toss an additional couple of minutes
- If seems dry add a little water
- Toss in bean sprouts and roasted peanuts
- Sprinkle chili flakes and scallions. Squeeze with lime
- Adjust salt, lime, and sweetness to your liking
- Give one more toss
- 15 ounce dry pad Thai noodles (rice noodles)
- Boiling water to cover noodles
- ½ cup shallot
- 24 clove garlic chopped, 1/2 cup total
- ¼ cup fresh ginger chopped (optional)
- 10 egg if vegan leave out, whisked with fork with a tsp of salt
- 2 pound tofu can substitute chicken or prawns
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 10 tablespoon coconut oil
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1 ⅓ cup soy sauce or gluten-free liquid aminos
- ⅓ cup palm sugar for authenticity use palm sugar
- 7 ½ ounce rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 lime juiced, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup bean sprout optional garnish
- ½ cup roasted peanuts crushed, optional garnish
- ¼ cup green onion sliced, optional garnish
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Spatula, Tongs, Top Stove, Whisk, Wok
Serve immediately. Garnish with sprouts, green onions, cilantro, chili flakes, lime wedges and roasted, crushed peanuts. Do not cut out the sugar, helps balance flavors. To reheat. Place in skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Add water if dry and taste to adjust flavors as needed
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.