Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Plant Based Meat and Quinoa Enchiladas
$59.58 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 8
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fill a medium pot ¾ full of water and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. When hot add the olive oil. Add the onion and the peppers, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and oregano, saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the plant-based meat, breaking it apart until cooked through about 5 minutes. Add the salt, and the hot sauce.
- Add the black beans and the maple syrup. Mix to thoroughly combine, sauteing an additional minute. Place filling in a large bowl. Stir in half the sour cream and half the lime juice.
- Spread 3 cups of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Divide remaining filling equally among the tortillas. Transfer to baking dish, seam side down. Top with guajillo chile pepper sauce and Jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 red bell pepper medium, sliced
- 3 clove garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound plant-based ground meat
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce more or less to taste
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained
- 1 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 8 flour tortilla
- ¾ cup guajillo chile pepper sauce Herdez brand recommended OR sub with enchilada sauce
- 4 ounce Monterey Jack cheese shredded, about 1 cup
Cooking Tools RequiredColander, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Pyrex baking dish, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives
Heat in microwave on medium high power until heated through.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1473IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.