Poached Lemon-Thyme Chicken
Rated 0 out of 5
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 4 1/2 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Add chicken to a large pot and cover with cold water (by ½ inch). Sprinkle evenly with salt, then add garlic, shallots, lemon, thyme, and black peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).
- Remove chicken from stock and allow to cool before storing. Strain stock and reserve if desired.
Total Time35 minutes
Recipe Serving Size10
- 3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 4 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- 2 shallot chopped
- 1 lemon halved and squeezed into poaching liquid
- 5 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Instant read thermometer, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Top Stove
Heat in reserved poaching liquid in a large skillet set over medium heat or in a non-stick sauté pan.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 871mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.