Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Potato and Parsnip Latkes
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 2 latkes
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Peel and grate the parsnips and potatoes and rinse them gently under cold water.
- Lay out the grated veggies on a few paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and pat them dry. The drier the better.
- Stir together grated potatoes and parsnips with chives, egg whites, cornstarch, Kosher salt and ground pepper.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat add some of the butter and some of the oil. Swirl together as butter melts.
- Working with about 1/3 cup of potato mixture, wring it out to remove some of the liquid, the add it to the hot pan and use a spatula to gently press it flat. Repeat until the pan is full. Try not to crowd the latkes too much so they brown nicely.
- Fry latkes over medium-high heat for about five minutes per side. They should be really nicely browned.
- Remove cooked latkes and let drain on a paper towel. Repeat until all the potato mixture is used. Add more butter and oil to the pan as needed to keep the pan well-oiled.
- Serve latkes immediately with sour cream and chives,
- 2½ pound Yukon Gold potato About 5 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1½ pound parsnip About 4 large parsnips, peeled and grated
- 2/3 cup fresh chive minced
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoon sunflower oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoon sour cream garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh chive garnish
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Fine-Mesh Strainer, Grater, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Saucepan, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Spatula, Tongs, Top Stove, Vegetable Peeler
Keep them warm in a 250 degree oven until you serve them. To reheat, put back into a pan and rewarm and re-crisp.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 1104mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 644IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.