Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pork and Hominy Pozole
$37.92 Cooking Fee
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10 x 1.5-2 cups each
- Heat skillet to high and add chilis, tossing until slightly browned and fragrant. Set into bowl and cover with boiling water. Let steep for 10 minutes while you cut up meat, onions, garlic and herbs.
- Pull chilis out of water and remove stems and seeds. Place into blender and process until smooth. Use some of the soaking liquid to make into ketchup like consistency.
- Heat oil in large 5 qt pot. add pork and cook until meat for about 5 minutes, stirring to make sure all the meat cooks evenly. Add onions and garlic and cook for additional 5 minutes. Add oregano, thyme cumin and bay leaves and stir to combine. Add pureed chilis, stock and hominy. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve with garnishes of choice
- 4 oz dried red chilis California, Guajillo, ancho or New Mexico
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder trimmed of fat and cut into chunks( *can substitute chicken thighs)
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs oregano minced(2 tsp if dried)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fresh thyme `
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 29 oz can hominy
- 64 oz chicken stock
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh oregano, chopped cilantro, shredded cabbage, sliced jalapenos, sliced radishes, queso fresco, chopped red onion, sliced avocado, lime wedges
Cooking Tools RequiredBlender, Can Opener, Colander, Cutting board, Measuring cups and spoons, Sharp Knives, Skillet, Stock pot or >5 Qt pot, Tongs, Top Stove
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 878mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3031IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.