Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo
$48.75 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 7 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Salt and pepper the chicken pieces then add to the mixture making sure each piece is evenly coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to a half hour. Meanwhile prep your vegetables and place the saffron threads and kosher salt in the warmed chicken stock.
- If you have a “browning” setting on your pressure cooker, use it to brown the chicken pieces, otherwise, use a large sauté pan (one that can accommodate all the chicken pieces) to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil then the chicken pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until chicken is lightly browned. Set chicken pieces aside on a large plate (they will not be fully cooked).
- When all the chicken is cooked, leave any excess fat in the pan. Add the onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper, sautéing for a few minutes until onion is translucent. Add the Roma tomatoes, ground cumin and the bay leaf. Saute for another minute or so.
- Add the rice and mix, making sure to thoroughly coat. Cook for a couple minutes so the rice has a chance to absorb the juices and fat in the pan. If using a saute pan, transfer contents to the pressure cooker.
- Pour the saffron-infused chicken stock into the pan and give it a quick stir. Place the reserved chicken pieces on top and pour any remaining juices on the plate into the pressure cooker pan.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Once time is up, let sit an additional 7 minutes on warm, then release pressure, if it hasn’t already released. Remove chicken pieces, then place rice on a large platter, arranging chicken pieces over rice.
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pound boneless chicken thigh pierced in several places with a fork
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup chicken stock warmed
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 red onion small, ½ inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper more or less to taste, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 Roma tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cup long-grain rice uncooked
Cooking Tools RequiredElectric Pressure Cooker, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Tongs
Heat in microwave on medium high power until heated through.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1251IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.