Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast with Root Vegetables
Cook Tools and Details
- Season roast with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat and when hot, add the oil. Place the roast in the pot and brown on both sides. This should take about 8 minutes. Alternately, if you have a pressure cooker with a saute or browning mode you can use that to brown the roast.
- Transfer beef to pressure cooker. Add beef stock (or water), herbs, and garlic. Cover and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Quick pressure release.
- Remove roast and allow to rest, covered in foil, for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, place root vegetables and celery in the pressure cooker with the remaining liquid, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Slice pot roast or break it up into chunks. Serve with vegetables and any remaining juices.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or your favorite high-heat cooking oil
- 3 ½ pound beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 clove garlic peeled
- 4 red potato or other variety, large, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 carrot large, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 parsnip large, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 stalk celery chopped
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Electric Pressure Cooker, Saute pan, Sharp Knives, Top Stove
Place pot roast in a pan with some of it's juices. Cover and place over medium heat until heated through.
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.