Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Pressure Cooker Swiss Steak
$43.33 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 10
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour on a pie plate or shallow dish. Press the pieces of meat on both sides in the flour mixture.
- Add enough of the oil to just cover the bottom of your electric pressure cooker pot. Set to high saute. When hot add the steaks, cooking in batches if needed. Cook approximately 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove the steaks to a plate and repeat until all of the steaks have been browned.
- Add the onions and garlic. Saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Next add the tomatoes, paprika, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth and stir to combine.
- Return the meat to the pot, submerging it in the liquid. Cover and set pressure cooker for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- When the time has expired, use a quick pressure release valve to unlock the lid. If the sauce is too thin, remove steaks and turn the pressure cooker on high saute until the sauce is reduced.
- Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Notes: If cooking a full batch, brown steaks in frying at the same time you are browning steaks in the pressure cooker (saute mode) to speed up the process.
- 5 pound cube steak
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 onion large, thinly sliced
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
Cooking Tools RequiredCan Opener, Cutting board, Electric Pressure Cooker, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing spoon
Heat steaks in a saute pan over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, adding water if sauce gets too thick. Alternately you can heat in a microwave on high power, turning steaks halfway through cooking time.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Potassium: 923mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 5mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.