Book a Chef
Roast Beef with Sweet Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli
Rated 0 out of 5
$102.92 Cooking Fee
Serving Size: 8 ounces
Cook Tools and Details
Adjust the ingredients measurement scale here by changing this number. 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat the roast with salt and pepper. Heat the beef tallow in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the roast, browning on all sides, for a total of about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sweet potatoes with the garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan and roast in oven for 20 minutes per pound (more or less), checking temperature for desired doneness.
- Add sweet potatoes to roasting pan, encircling the roast during the last 45 minutes of cooking time. Season potatoes with sea salt. Toss once during cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot fitted with a steamer insert, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and steam for 5-7 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Allow roast to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle sweet potatoes with chopped cilantro before serving.
Total Time1 hour 35 minutes
Recipe Serving Size6
- 4 pound beef roast
- 2 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoon beef tallow or avocado oil
- 5 sweet potato peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 clove garlic peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 bunch broccoli separated into florets and stems peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
Cooking Tools RequiredCutting board, Dutch Oven, Instant read thermometer, Kitchen towels, Measuring cups and spoons, Mixing bowls, Mixing spoon, Oven, Peeler, Roasting Pan, Sharp Knives, Steamer Basket, Tongs
Heat in the microwave on medium power until heated through.
Calories: 820kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 209mg | Sodium: 1191mg | Potassium: 2290mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 28026IU | Vitamin C: 186mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 9mg
Get the most out of your order
You can get some side dishes for free.
- Start with the main dish, then add the sides.
- You'll see the magic pricing at work.
- The prices will change as you add more dishes to your cart.
- You'll only pay for the total time it takes to prepare everything.